2.03.2014

Biscoff Rocky Road




Well, here it is February already.  How that happened I'm not all that sure, but it's February 3rd and Valentine's day is only 11 days away!  Truthfully, I'm not even ready to begin thinking about recipes for Valentines, as we are all in Super Bowl everything around here today and have been for the last few days.  There is such a festive, manic feel to everything it.  It's awesome, yet really difficult to get back into our normal routines.  There is even talk of canceling school on Wednesday for the Seahawks Super Bowl parade through downtown.  That kind of thing just doesn't happen around here, ever so we are just trying to soak it all up.



So while I'm trying to get back into the swing of things around here, I thought I'd share with you this super easy, super scrumptious treat that would be perfect to make for your special someones on V day. Some people call this refrigerator cake, some call it Rocky Road, whatever you call it, it's so good.  Crunchy Biscoff cookies, hazelnuts and pecans go perfectly with pillowy soft marshmallows and fruity neon candied cherries.  


Use the best dark and semi-sweet chocolate you can get your hands on as it really shines in this recipe and just sets the stage for all that yummy goodness going on inside. I'd also advise you to not make this until you are ready to give it away.  It's addictive, addictive, addictive. It's also exactly the kind of chocolate treat that the guys in my house clamor for and frankly prefer to just about any other kind of chocolate.


Biscoff Rocky Road
Makes 24 bars

8 oz. dark chocolate
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
12 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 C. golden syrup or light Karo syrup
8 oz. Biscoff cookies, crushed into large and small bits
1/2 C. chopped hazlenuts 
1/2 C. chopped pecans
1/2 C. candied cherries
2 C. mini marshmallows

Line a 9x9" baking pan with foil draping extra foil over all four sides, and spray lightly with cooking spray.

Put the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup in a large heat proof bowl and place it over a simmering pan of water.  Melt ingredients, stirring periodically.

Remove from the heat and add the cookies, nuts, cherries and marshmallows.  Stir lightly, just enough to coat the ingredients, then pour into the prepared pan.  Smooth the surface and set the pan in the refrigerator until firmed up.  About 2-3 hours.  

Once ready to serve, lift the foil from the pan and cut into squares.  You can freeze the bars up to 1 month if desired.  Let thaw 1 hour prior to serving.

*Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson
Biscoff Cookies were provided generously by Lotus Bakeries.  All opions expressed herein are my own.



















25 comments :

Paula-bell'alimento said...

I am a rocky road fanatic AND then you go and Biscoff. Swoon.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

Mmmmmm…. where do I begin?!

Erika said...

Oh my.. these look incredible.. Congrats on the big winner.. Clearly this is the year of the Seahawk! :)

Gintare @Gourmantine said...

Oh sweet sweet perfection! Such a wonderful treat when sweet tooth calls for chocolate!

Milk and Honey said...

I'm totally fine with a road that's rocky with Biscoff. Looks amaZING.

vanillasugarblog said...

And this is how rocky road should be done--this coming from a cookie butter junkie. Not that that means anything. lol

Sarah | The Sugar Hit said...

The way to this girl's heart is through her stomach. Which is why I must now marry you.

Monica said...

These pictures are so gorgeous and these bars could not be chock full of any more goodness. It really looks incredible!

Liren said...

I'm so not ready for Valentine's Day either, but this is getting me ready for all the chocolate goodness! Ah. MA. Zing.

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom said...

so happy for the Seahawks win!!! Talk of canceling school on Wednesday for the Seahawks Super Bowl parade?! Wow! Again, so thrilled and happy for the great city of Seattle!!! and these Biscoff Rocky Road bars?! oh my goodness. . love!!

Erin | The Law Students Wife said...

I LOVE the mix of different nuts you have in here, especially the hazelnuts. No way could I be trusted around a pan of this gooey goodness.

Marie Matter said...

You had me at Biscoff!!! Looks so good, Maria!

mimi rippee said...

I love Nigella's recipe and it's fun to play with! I'll have to look in to these cookies... Thanks!

Grandbabycakes said...

You seriously always kill me with your genius! these are fantastic!

Sophia Del Gigante said...

Yummmm this looks delish and so beautiful! I love all the flavors you got going on here!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction said...

Love rocky road! Adding biscoff could only make it better!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen said...

I'm smitten! First, congrats on your Seahawks Super Bowl win, girl! I can just imagine how that city is celebrating like wild, just as we did here in Indy in 2007. Second, these bars are nothing short of phenomenal! Love, love everything about them. Thanks for sharing, my friend! xo

Valerie Gamine said...

Hands down, The best rocky road I've ever seen! Love the flavours workin' this rendition. :D
I'm thinking well beyond Valentines Day...the brutal winter has me dreaming of late spring/early summer.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) said...

These bars look irresistibly good, especially with plenty of chocolate, Biscoff, and hazelnuts!

Chubby Cheeks said...

Hi there, What brand of chocolate did you use? This looks amazing and looks really yummy... It reminds me of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Rocky Road Mogul in the Philippines which I have not seen here in the US at Mrs.Fields.

Pink Patisserie said...

Thanks Erika! It's crazy here!!

Pink Patisserie said...

Thanks Jen!

Pink Patisserie said...

Thank you Stacy. We went to the parade and it was a crazy and very cold experience. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. :)

Pink Patisserie said...

I used Trader Joe's Belgian bittersweet and dark chocolate. It's delicious and a favorite of mine!

laurasmess.me said...

Ohhh... how I love rocky road! It's one of my favourite chocolate treats. The Biscoff in here just makes it ten times better! Love the photos too Maria... positively drool-worthy. Definitely bookmarked for this weekend xx

Post a Comment